Practice / Specifications:
Construction and General Tort Litigation, Product Liability, Toxic and Mass Tort Litigation, Transportation Litigation
Christopher G. Buenik has extensive experience in all aspects of complex litigation matters. He is heavily engaged in managing construction litigation for industrial, commercial and residential clients involving all phases of the construction process including personal injury, construction defect, contract review, contract disputes, OSHA citations, business disruption, mechanics lien and property damage claims.
Mr. Buenik has received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell for the past 5 years, has been named to the Illinois Super Lawyers list in Construction Litigation, and has been featured in the publications “Law & Politics” and “Chicago Magazine.”
Mr. Buenik concentrates his trial practice in the defense of construction, product liability, transportation, and premises liability matters. He also provides innovative risk management seminars to his clients to eliminate future claims and to provide preventive legal counseling. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
- The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, J.D., 2001
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 1994
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- “Component Part Manufacturers: Fundamentals of Risk Assessment”
- “Civil Litigation – Maneuvering Through Discovery”
- “Construction Negligence: The Means and Methods of Reducing Liability”
- “Inside the Minds: Electronic Records Management and E-Discovery: New Trends in E-Discovery Compliance and Enforcement”