Practice / Specifications:
Complex litigation including professional liability/errors and omissions, appeals, extraordinary remedies, construction and insurance litigation.
Mr. Franco’s litigation experience involves some of the largest litigations in the United States, including the Chicago Flood and the FDIC litigation. His trial experience includes felonies and misdemeanors, high value tort defense, property damage, and commercial litigation.
He has extensive experience in trying administrative disputes, and has arbitrated cases under private arbitration rules, the American Arbitration Association, the International Chamber of Commerce, the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration, and UNCITRAL.
Mr. Franco is often called upon to assume cases immediately before trial and to try “bet-the-company” cases. He has extensive appellate experience, often in review of cases he has tried.
- American Bar Association (Sections on Litigation, Construction Litigation, Tort and Insurance Practice, Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance, Insurance Coverage Litigation and the Forum on the Construction Industry)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Federal Bar Association, Board of Directors, Chicago Chapter, 1998/99
- Illinois State Bar Association (Sections on Insurance Law and Tort Law)
- New York Bar Association
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 1984
- Rutgers University, Institute of Management and Labor Relations, MA, 1983
- Grinnell College, Southern Illinois University, BA, Economics, 1980
- Illinois State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Northern District of Illinois (General and Trial Bars), Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin, Southern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Northern District of Indiana, Western District of Michigan, Eastern District of Michigan, Eastern District of Arkansas, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Tenth Circuits
- Mr. Franco has been involved in disputes in all fifty American states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and international arbitrations
Mr. Franco has numerous Publications, Unpublished Monographs and Presentations, and Appeals/Published Opinions.
To view a complete listing, please select the following: