Franco Moroney Buenik defends local governmental entities, including villages, townships, cities, school districts, and other state agencies in suits arising out of both general tort and federal civil rights claims, including claims brought under Section 1983, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our attorneys have also handled employment discrimination matters, including political discharge and retaliation claims, in front of the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
We are familiar with the particular immunities available to municipalities in the defense of tort claims and are highly skilled in defending claims brought under the various civil rights acts. We have successfully defended disability, sex, and race discrimination cases, including defending school districts in teacher/student sexual harassment cases.
Our government and municipal liability experience includes the following areas:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Title IX claims
- Police excessive force
- Section 1981 and Section 1983 claims
- Equal Protection, Due Process and Bivens claims
- Civil rights claims
- Employment law matters, including sex, race and age discrimination
- Public official errors and omission
- Tort claims involving government agencies, employees and vehicles