- University of Michigan, B.S. Economics, 2003
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2006
- Admitted to Illinois Bar, 2006
- Admitted to United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2006
- Admitted to United States District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2011
- Admitted to United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2017
- Admitted to United States District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2019
Practice / Specifications:
Randall W. Slade is a partner at Franco Moroney Buenik, LLC. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation, with a particular focus on construction litigation, employment litigation, and public entity litigation. Mr. Slade represents his construction clients in matters involving personal injury, construction defect, property damage, and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Slade defends employers against claims of discrimination under federal, state, and/or local anti-discrimination laws, as well as wage and hour claims under the FLSA and state law equivalents. He represents employers with a wide variety of backgrounds, including clients in the insurance, construction, advertising, and retail industries. He also defends public entities, including school districts and school boards, cities, villages, and towns, with a focus on claims seeking a remedy under 42 U.S.C. 1983 for alleged constitutional violations. He also represents school districts in special education due process hearings.
Mr. Slade has also extensive experience defending his clients in complex class action litigation, including allegations of violations of the TCPA and state and the FLSA. He has defended his clients against such claims in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Publications and Presentations:
- Are Courts Expanding An Insurer’s Duty to Pay For An Insured’s Independent Counsel? Illinois Bar Journal No. 105:3, March 2017
- Webinar presentation “TCPA Litigation: The Dos and Don’ts for Insurance Companies” for The Knowledge Group, February 20, 2015
- Illinois Construction Law Manual, Ch. 5, Statutes of Limitation, Illinois Practice Series, Vol. 24, (West 2013 – 2014 Ed.)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association