Practice / Specifications:
Mr. Moroney specializes in the following areas of litigation: Construction, Insurance Defense, Personal Injury Defense, Employment Practices Liability, Professional Liability, and Transportation lawsuits.
Mr. Moroney has an extensive background in construction litigation. He represents owners, architects, general contractors and subcontractors in diverse issues including personal injury actions, contract disputes, building defect, property damage, OSHA citations, subrogation and insurance issues. Mr. Moroney and his firm have been selected to serve as preferred counsel by numerous construction companies.
Mr. Moroney is retained by insurers to defend both high and moderate exposure claims arising out of transportation accidents (trucking, auto, maritime and rail), premises liability occurrences and general casualty injuries.
Mr. Moroney is hired to defend School Districts, Police Agencies, Municipal Departments, and private companies in employment practice cases, public policy disputes and personal injury claims.
Mr. Moroney has been named a Leading Lawyer in the state of Illinois in the categories of General Personal Injury Defense Law, Insurance and Reinsurance Law. The list is compiled after Illinois attorneys are asked to list lawyers they would recommend if a family member, friend or business associate needed legal counsel in a particular specialty area. The confidential peer survey is scrutinized by a review board in order to include only the top 5% of attorneys in the state of Illinois.
Mr. Moroney is AV Preeminent rated for ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest rating awarded. This rating attests to a lawyer’s ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of lawyers and judges who have observed Mr. Moroney practice law.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Underground Contractors Association of Illinois
- Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1991
- Marquette University, B.A., 1986
- Illinois State Bar, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- 2019 Defense Guide for Illinois Construction Injury Lawsuits
- “Negligence”, Illinois Construction Law Manual, Illinois Practice Series, Vol. 24, West, 2016 ed.
- “Negligence”, Illinois Construction Law Manual, Illinois Practice Series, Vol. 24, West, 2014 ed.
- “Negligence”, Illinois Construction Law Manual, Illinois Practice Series, Vol. 24, West, 2013-2014 ed.
- 2012 Handbook for Defending Illinois Construction Injury Lawsuits.
- “Negligence”, Illinois Construction Law Manual, Illinois Practice Series, Vol. 24, West, 2007-2012 eds.
- “Update of Illinois Construction Negligence: General Contractor Liability,” Seminar for Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2008
- “Premises Liability Defense”, Seminar for Builders Association of Greater Chicago, 1999
- Co-Author, “Update on Premises Liability/Construction Negligence Case Law,” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 1991
- Co-Author, “Proper Parties Under the Structural Work Act,” IICLE Publication, 1990