Practice / Specifications:
Andrew C. Patton is a trial attorney who concentrates his practice on commercial litigation and tort defense, with an emphasis on construction litigation, including breach of contract, construction and design defect, delay/impact, and personal injury; insurance coverage; transportation litigation, including trucking and railroads; maritime litigation; business disputes; professional liability claims; and catastrophic injury defense. He practices in both state and federal courts throughout the United States, and has tried numerous cases to verdict.
- Named Illinois Super Lawyer for 2021 and Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2016-2018
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Boston College, B.A., 2000
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional and Community Organizations:
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys (SOICA)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Board of Directors for Christ the King Jesuit College Preparatory School
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- “Litigation Against Design Professionals: The Initial Steps of the Defense,” Chapter 4, Architect Engineer Liability, 5th ed. CCH/Wolters Kluwer (2020).
- “Insurer Must Defend Subcontractor’s Defective Work”, News and Updates, CLM Magazine, September 2017.
- “Beware the Broker; The Narrow Privileges and Protections Afforded to Communications Between Policyholders and Brokers”, Journal of American Law, Summer/Fall 2015 (Issue 2, Vol. 2).
- “Damages in a Wrongful Death Case: A Defendant’s Perspective,” Chapter 12, Proving and Disproving Damages in Personal Injury Cases (IICLE, 2012-2021).
- Kvaerner North American Construction, Inc. v. Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s London Subscribing to Policy No. 509/DL486507, 2017 WL 2821691 (N.D. W. Va. June 28, 2017)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK) Ltd., 2016 WL 6804894 (D. Kan. Nov. 17, 2016)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK) Ltd., 2015 WL 4478435 (D. Kan. July 22, 2015)
- Cent. Contr., Inc. v. Kenny Constr. Co., 2015 WL 832267 (N.D. Ill. Feb. 25, 2015)
- Lindsey v. Cent. Blacktop Co., 2015 IL App (1st) 141515-U (2015)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK), 2014 WL 1328381 (D. Kan. Apr. 2, 2014)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK), 29 F.R.D. 611 (D. Kan. 2014)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK), 2014 WL 806122 (D. Kan. Feb. 28, 2014)
- Black & Veatch Corp. v. Aspen Ins. (UK), 2014 WL 806071 (D. Kan. Feb. 28, 2014)
- Central Contr., Inc. v. Kenny Constr. Co., 2012 WL 832842 (N.D. Ill. Mar. 12, 2012)